- 1912 Namikoshi Sensei first used his technique on his ailing mother
- 1919 Namikoshi Sensei found the term Shiatsu and decided to use it to describe his therapy.
- 1925 Namakoshi Sensei opened his first clinic for Shiatsu Therapy. Shizuto Masunaga Sensei born.
- 1940 Namakoshi Sensei opens first Shiatsu college.
- 1953 Namakoshi Sensei and his sons introduce Shiatsu Therapy to the USA, Dr BJ Palmer, father of Chiropractic medicine.
- 1955 Shiatsu Therapy first recognized by Japan government but only in conjunction with amma and moxibustion.
- 1957 Shiatsu Therapy officially recognized by Japan as a separate and distinct therapy.
- 1958 Shizuto Masunaga graduates from Japan shiatsu College, begins to teach Psychology at the college as well.
- 1964 Shiatsu officially defined by the Ministry of Health and Welfare in Japan.
Shiatsu Time Line:
#OrientalHealingTechniques #JapaneseMedicine #Shiatsu #Massage #bodywork
Like Us - Join Us