- Incense brings communication with the transcendent.
- Incense purifies the mind and body.
- Incense removes un-cleanliness.
- Incense brings alertness.
- Incense is a companion to solitude.
- In the midst of activity, incense brings a moment of peace.
- When there is plenty, one never tires of incense.
- When there is little, still one is satisfied.
- Age does not change the efficacy of incense.
- Used every day, incense does no harm.
The benefits of Incense can be easily summarized by what this sixth century, a Japanese monk wrote out what he and the other monks believed to be the ten virtues of incense-